Post-Operative Nail Instructions
Today you underwent a procedure on your toe and toenail. Please follow these instructions closely and call the office if you have any questions or concerns.
- Rest, elevate your foot today. Limit activity today and wear open toed shoes for the next 2-3 days.
- Over the counter pain medication should alleviate any discomfort.
- Leave dressing on until the morning after surgery. Remove while in the shower after it has soaked. Dress with topical antibiotic and band-aid.
- Soak daily for 15 minutes in Epson salts and lukewarm water. Do this for 1 week after the procedure. Leave the area dressed with topical antibiotic and a band-aid at all times.
- Some drainage and redness are normal for the first 2-3 days after the procedure. If this worsens call the office immediately.
- Follow-up at the office 1-2 weeks after the procedure. Call with any questions at any time prior to your follow-up.